Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update, long past due

My house is working out just fine. There were a few incidents, growing pains, and adjustments to accommodate, but for the most part, the house and the residents are coming along just fine.

The house is now full. We have another woman at the house! So now there are we, two. They have just about fixed some of the sound-proofing needs so that we can enjoy a most excellent television setup downstairs.

My room is perfect for what I need here. I enjoy the space. I now have TWO comfy seats to go with my poof. I need to make better use of my storage space and finally put away my suitcases.

This morning during my shower, the shower head sprung a leak. Luckily, there are multiple drains for the water to find its way out.

My internet is getting better and the bandwidth is to be fixed very soon. I can now at least receive a signal from the wifi router. One small thing to ready for the big day when our equipment arrives and gets installed. We sent a man, flew him, to Dubai to procure and bring into the country the right equipment which I think includes satellite dishes and receivers, etc. Big job and complex, I'm sure. It has been said that if the ANA or ANP needs the equipment, it can be confiscated at the point of awareness. I wish that good man all the best!

Work itself is amazingly fulfilling. I have extracurricular assignments (i.e. not directly cataloging or systems work) that I am delighted to be working on. The local staff and I are getting along swimmingly...of course, I am rather known to try to live and let live and make things work as easily and nicely as possible.

I am just so glad I put myself into this situation. It is not easy. Not at all. But I am not regretting my venture into life on this side of the world.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are settling in--and enjoying the adventures...

    ReplyDelete