Saturday, January 30, 2010

In Kabul - Third Day (Thursday)

I got up to no power and took another darkly lit shower. Readied myself for the day in the dark and definitely was fighting a cold.

I was determined to go to work, follow-up on the technology issues and the power issue.

I accomplished my goals and then had lunch with new colleagues and met with my new boss in the afternoon until a 2:30 shuttle was available. I was driven home to a room that still had no power.

So I took a nap.

Then around 4:30, there were all of a sudden men in my room that I surprised by waking up and saying hello. The blankets on my bed must just look like a big mound of covers with me inside. They gracefully apologized and flipped off the lights. Once they closed the door, I flipped them back on and jumped for joy. Let there be light! I said over and over with a giggle.

Nap over, I proceeded to catch up on powering up my various tools and toys.

The cold was still present, but I would get through that.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment